Tuesday 14 March 2017

Favorite Animal Films

It's funny because this week is actually the most diverse yet, because I'm talking about films of all genres and for all different ages, even in this post I have 2 very grown up, intellectual films and they have animals in of all things. 

Babe

We're gonna start with a film that was one of the first films I ever remembered, and one of the first books I ever read. Babe is such a beautiful wonderful film, about a pig who wants trains to be a sheepdog and its the journey he goes on. I adore this film so so much its so heartwarming, and uplifting it really holds a special place for me as I found it really hard to read and it was one of the first books I read cover to cover and I was obsessed with this film, it's also my dad's favorite film. Its so inherently British despite that its filmed in Australia, its got the typical farmer aspect which I love so much. 

Animal Farm

From one golden pig to a dictator pig, its a George Orwell classic. Now most of you have probably read this in school,  I didn't but I watched the 1954 version a few weeks ago but I need to read the book. As I know its so political and amazingly done to show all the parties and for someone who has only just gotten into politics its great that a story like this exists. This story is great for those who want to get into politics and learn about it, because it doesn't do it where its shoving down you're throat but very casual. I always thought it was for people who were a bit older as it got into things like politics and referenced dictators, but its something everyone should know whatever age, definitely worth a watch. 

Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey

Another classic from my childhood with the brilliant voices like Michael J Fox and Sally Field. The story is about two dogs, Chance, Shadow and a cat Sassy, they are sent to this farm while there family is in the city for the summer, they all think that they've been abandoned so they go off and find them again. Its beautiful all the scenic views across America and its accurate to what the gang (I hate that word, but they are anyway) they all thought they were abandoned and I know the family were only gone for what twelve weeks or so, but for a beloved pet even a day is long. I adore Michael J Fox anyway but him as an American Bulldog is the best, and I love how witty and funny Sally Field is as Sassy, she is the best. 

The Birds 

I need to include this as its such a good film, its one of those films that ends up as a question on TV, and its so good oh god. I love where the film is set as I went to a place very similar when I was in New Zealand called Foxton and its so beautiful and relaxed, but of course this is not as casual and easy breezy as the place its set in. Full of tension thats what a Hitchcock film needs, in this film its the birds causing the most havoc that the humans, like in Animal Farm where its mainly the humans fault. I love films that are set in this location, and just the feel of this film is so brilliant.
Pom Poko


 I'm gonna end it on a Studio Ghibli film, a film that I didn't watch until very recently first of all I love Studio Ghibli and I will be talking about them alot more on this blog as its so creative and wonderful everyone should know them. The story is about a group of Raccoons who decide to rebel against the humans in the nearby city, so they decide to transform into humans and go undercover. Studio Ghibli really makes stories as creative as possible, and brings everything to life and at the end of the film you really think about the environment and you take a really good strong look at yourself.  

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall