Thursday 23 March 2017

Peppermint Friday Review #28: Beauty & The Beast

Earlier this week I went to see Beauty & The Beast and thats what I'm gonna talk about today. It has taken the world by a storm and I won't compare it to the Original Animated on entirely as one's live action and the other is Animated, but the story still stands the same, but in this one we get to know about Belle and the Beast's past and there mothers. 
I loved this film so much, Emma Watson plays Belle and I do love Emma Watson she is so beautiful and every inch of Belle brilliant casting. There was something in the back of my mind that just made me go 'hmm i'm not sure' as I personally and still do think this, would love if they got a Broadway Actress to play Belle as she would have been unknown in the film world and knew exactly how to play her and do both the singing and the acting. That's not to say Emma Watson didn't do a good job, she was amazing and I loved her and always will! 
Josh Gad who plays Le Fou was fantastic, in this version Le Fou is gay and has quite a crush on Gaston. Which is something that I don't think people cared about, it actually made me like Le Fou more as in this version he had more depth and more character, rather than in the original. The songs I loved were, Gaston, Be Our Guest, Belle, Something There, all the classics. They got rid of If I Can't Love Her from the Stage Musical so that annoyed me, but they replaced it with two beautiful new songs Days In The Sun and Nevermore.
The costumes were so beautiful and stunning, it was all very fitting for the period and time. Dan Stevens was so charming, the relationship with him and Emma was beautiful. I loved it, even when they turned back into humans, because usually I don't like it and want them to go back to being objects and the beast. The Beast's past was interesting to me, because we all knew that he was an arrogant person who didn't care and had a curse upon him to turn himself into a Beast until someone loves him for who he is.
The Beast's mother was a kind and wonderful person, someone I guess could be very similar to Belle, whereas his Father was in some ways like Gaston. In this version you learn about Belle's mother and what happen to her and I must say I am a little disappointed about that. As I would've liked it to be a bit more dramatic, but it was still wonderful, and well thought out. Overall this film is well worth watching, especially if you loved the Animated Original and the Stage Musicals or just Musicals in general. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall