Wednesday 4 January 2017

Favorite Animation Films

We're gonna talk about Animation and all the ones I love, as there are many from different countries and not all Animation are for kids. Theres something so inherently beautiful about storytelling in Animation, theres an artwork to it aswell which I love.

Wallace & Gromit

I have been watching Nick Park's creations for as long as I can remember. I used to watch the full Wallace & Gromit video set until it broke that was how hardcore I was about Wallace & Gromit. Its so British and cosy, the obsession with cheese and inventions gave them a massive quirk. When they released Chicken Run oh god my younger self went crazy, its an amazing film with colourful characters. You really got to admire the stock-motion animation of it all as it takes years to make a film as the first Wallace & Gromit was in was in 1989.                                        

Up


I had to include a Pixar wouldn't be right otherwise, I have to say I think I'm more of a Pixar girl than a Disney girl, however I do love them both equally but I grew up with Pixar more as I remember Toy Story 2 when it came out and being obsessed with it. The film is brilliant for not only kids as its funny and entertaining but there are some bits in the film that I don't think some kids will get. Not to say that they won't get it but there are some elements that are so heavy, such as the first 10 minutes where you see the story of Ellie and Carl.                     

The Cat Returns

Okay this film, first of all I love Studio Ghibli like there creativity is out of this world, like there is no boundries for that company. If those of you don't know what Studio Ghibli is they are the Japanese Disney basically, and they are brilliant at making things creatively. The Cat Returns is about a girl called Haru who saves a cat from crossing the road, its then discovered he is the Cat Prince and would like to thank her by marrying her, and taking her into the Cat Kingdom where cats stand on there hind legs. I know its mad but I love it so much, and its about Cats and any film for me about animals wins me over. There are tons of Studio Ghibli films that I adore, and I will talk about them in a later post. I also feel that Studio Ghibli is amazing, and every person in the whole world needs to love it.                                                                    

Coraline

Another stock-motion film, I read the book and completely adored it. I always associate this film with being in High School as I was obessed with Dark Fantasies and Dark Comedies, and this is a very Dark Comedy. Its about a girl called Coraline who's parents are too busy to notice her, she then finds a door to another world that everyone has buttons for eyes. Its scary oh god, but its an amazing film and the director Henry Selick did a brilliant job with the artwork, and its exactly how my 12 year old self saw the world of Coraline and the Other World.

The Triplets of Belleville

I don't think this film is talked about enough, as its good I first watched this film when I was in School during Art. The story is about a Grandmother raising her Grandson, and training him for the Tour De France, until the day comes of the Tour De France and he and two other cyclists are kidnapped by the French Mafia. Its quite a grown up story, but the artwork is beautiful and so unique. I like the fact that they exaggerate the features of people, its also a very quiet film with little dialogue but its still good and you still get to know the characters and story.  

Overall Animated films are brilliant if you find the right one, and not to say there all for children because the one this Friday is definitely not for children. I hope you all are well, and adore these films as much as me, and I will see you this Friday.

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall