Friday 6 January 2017

Peppermint Friday Review #17: Persepolis

In my last post I said that this film was going to be not for kids, as its an Animation but believe me it is not by far.


Persepolis was originally a graphic novel written by Marjane Satrapi, and it tells the story of her life through adolescence and her life growing up in the Iranian Revolution. I loved it so much, its so harrowing to watch, and get into. Now before I didn't know that much about the Iranian Revolution, but watching this film from a first person narrative, and to do it in such a beautiful way is wonderful. 

The artwork is so unique and unlike anything I've seen before, like I said this film is not for kids when I mean kids I mean 12 and younger. As some people might not be affected by the themes and the language of the film, as it is a true story and from what Marji goes through its something no kids should watch. From wonderful free country Marji use to live in she's is then striped from her home Iran and moved to Austria where again she's moved from house to house. 
You see Marji experiencing different views, and being political and seeing the beautiful country with lots of political and strong views on certain things. One of my favorite bits was where Marji was waking around with her head scarf on and she's got a 'Punk Is Not Ded' T-Shirt on, and it makes me smile where despite the War that's gone on, and how much everything in her life has changed, she still remains punk rock.
This film is amazingly done, and I loved every bit of it. Its so beautiful the artwork, the dialogue is perfect it fits in so well. To see Marji grow up and her change overtime, and what she believes and everyone in her family to be affected by everything that goes on in Politics, the War, Iranian Revolution. 
                                                       
I strongly urge everyone to watch this film as its so funny, sweet, heartbreaking and serious everything I love. Next week will be so much fun, as I'm going back to watching some gorgeous film noir. I hope you all have a wonderful and relaxed weekend.

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall