Wednesday 16 November 2016

Remakes, Sequels and Reboots.

Haven't really watched that many films this week, which is fine just had abit of a break from film watching. I thought I'd do a post of what I think of Remakes, Sequels and Reboots, as thats a big thing in the film world right now. As with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is out and thats a Harry Potter Sequel(ish), its from the same world. And Beauty and the Beast trailer is out, I thought why not, and also I'll be talking about loads of films in this. 


Where to begin? wow, Remakes are good but at the same time I don't like them. I can understand why you would remake a film, whether it be the original film wasn't good enough, or its such a classic tale you wanna recreate it again for a new audience. It also has an audience, so it doesn't need to be that hard to make as theres so much material to work from. But again this is just me, some people could be different, but I think you should try to find out new stories, whether it be from your parents, grandparents or friends, its stories that are new to you, and it could 1 year old, or 100 years old. That way you find that story and its not a remake its new to you and original, if that makes sense. 

Reboots are basically the same thing but different, and the difference could anything from the characters or a different time place, or country even. A good example of that is Ghostbusters the new one of course, and I really hate this particularly as its getting a classic film, and what they decided to do is take the original characters from the 80s, and 30 years later they have grown up children that are girls.
The problem I have with this is that, they're trying to make women funny, and strong again. I have no problem with funny, strong women I think they're great positive role models for girls, and just everyone. But its like saying 'oh James Bond can be a female, lets make her a female get Jennifer Lawrence' yes you can make James Bond a female, by all means do so but that doesn't mean she should be. It just feels like at the moment the feminist movement its kinda made everyone crazy with the idea that everything should have strong females in, and thats great. I just don't like getting a timeless, classic like the Ghostbusters and turning it into something that just seems cheap to me. I dunno am I wrong?
Sequels are just the ongoing from a book or a film to make the story more interesting, and dynamic. Sometimes they have to happen like, Lord Of The Rings, or Harry Potter because they're a book series, and they would make no sense if they did it all in one film. As there are more and more book to film franchises, it kinda started with LOTR, and HP. In some ways I don't like that as it seems like they all have the same storylines, they're all set in the future, theres a strong female character we all love, theres 2 boy characters that we fight over, overall they're all slightly different from each other. I just feel like with Fantastic Beasts, and I'm a huge fan of Harry Potter, and I will be watching this film very soon. I just feel the Harry Potter series was great and we can stop, and let people on the fandoms, and varies writing websites, make up there own thing if that makes sense, fanfiction I mean. I don't hate it that would stupid, but then again I think its great that its set in America, and theres much more stuff to play with in the writing world, and it also makes thing much more exciting for the audience that have watched it for years. 
I do understand why they do it, but that is my opinion you can agree with it or disagree with it its all okay, its the internet its full of opinions. This week was abit weird, but like I said haven't been watching films this week, but have been watching TV, all still stories of course, sometimes its good to be abit different. Also this is the only time I'll talk about Reboots and Sequels, Remakes and all that jazz. But we shall talk this Friday back to films.

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall