Wednesday 23 November 2016

Favourite Fantasy Films

Everyone loves Fantasy I mean who doesn't? Its amazing we all love the worlds of Fantasy, as we all go into that Fantasy world much more deep than we do with a Drama or a Romance. 

The Princess Bride

I had to put in an 80s film, as they are my one of my favourites. Love it so much, its a comedy as well as a fantasy and a kids film, it also has abit of romance in aswell. I don't need to say what the story is as everyone knows, but I love Cary Elwes in this. I mean lets face it I feel like we all had a bit of a crush on him. Loved it, the grandson hating every kissing scene, I mean I hated that when I was that age. Wallace Shawn and his posse in this film was just hilarious, and everyone wants and loves Robin Wright Wright? 




Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Obviously going to include this, yes the LOTR trilogy is very long but its wonderful if you indulge yourself in the world, and just embrace it. Whether you read the books or not, but the Hobbit is something I'm a abit more into, its got abit more humour to it I reckon, LOTR is much more serious. Love the world, and the people who like it in the fandom, its a wonderful world. The Hobbit is amazing and I prefer the book because for me its the world I imagine thats different from the film version. I recommend you read the books because you create your own version of the world, even though they're very long and wordy. Fun fact I've read the Hobbit every year since I first read it when I was 13. 


The Neverending Story

Another 80s film, gotta love 'em! I honestly feel like the 80s started the whole 'quest world' with relatable character with something they need to find. This film was the first to make me cry over an animal, I watched alot of these films when I was about 10. I was heartbroken with the 'Swamp of Sadness' and Artax. Just harrowing, but its an amazing story and does end, full of unfunny jokes me. 


Harry Potter


Love, love it love it. The books are better than the film gonna be honest, and like 80% of the world would agree. The characters are amazing the story, back stories of everyone, I was obessed (still am) with Harry Potter and I have watched every documentary, and TV thing or Film, interview about JK Rowling or Harry Potter you can imagine. I even went to the Studio Tour in London, which is amazing and worth every penny, and if theres money invovled for a theme park in America and the Studio tour where they made it and you can visit, that must be sign of success. 






Edward Scissorhands

A Tim Burton film total must in a film person's life. With fantasies that usually are a relatable character on a journey to a mystical world, but this story as I'm sure everyone knows its a man with scissorhands from a different world trying to make sense of it all. Its just so sweet to watch and I love that Vincent Price was in it, which we all know how I feel about Vincent Price. I love,











The Chronicles of Narnia

Yes I know another series of films and books, but this again is a world that I love so so much! the books are much more interesting they are for me at the beginning amazing then they just go down hill, as they are abit more religious. I mean I know they do have a religious undertone to them, which is fine just not my cup of tea. Another fun fact is that in the book of The Lion The Witch and Wardrobe the old man that the Pevensive children stay with during WWII is basically J.R.R Tolkien because C.S Lewis and him were best friends in College I think. Wheather it'd be the cringe 80s version on the BBC or the 2005 version its a great story.









I know that half of this was series of book adaptations to films, and the other half was 80s films. But I mean this is what Fantasy films I like, and to be honest to enjoy a world thoroughly and getting deep in the film of fantasy its easier for me to like it as a series or saga. All these films are films that I watched when I was young, fantasy was a thing back when I was a kid, like most people I assume. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall