Thursday 20 July 2017

Peppermint Friday Review #45: Logan

This is another film that I just need to talk about that is Logan. I didn't watch it when it came out which I'm so annoyed with as its such a beautiful film and so well made. Its directed by James Mangold who wrote and directed Girl, Interrupted and the last Wolverine film and boy did he do a good bloody job.  
First of all one of the reasons I need to talk about this, is not because I'm a hugh fan of Hugh Jackman ( see what I did there ;) ) but also I love Wolverine and Marvel and you all know this by now, but I need to talk about this because its his last Wolverine film and I think we won't see Wolverine again for a long time as Hugh played him for almost 20 years. I also love the fact that its the same feeling as many got with the end of Harry Potter as its an end of an era, of such a monumental character. The story is honestly just a big road trip of Wolverine, Professor X and Laura/X-23 who is Logan/Wolverine's daughter with people trying to kill them. 
The film had so many emotional moments aswell as it being an action film, which I find to be so important, particularly with this one as its the last one the emotional and quite still moments have to be poignant of the film. Patrick Stewart was just wonderful as Professor X as per, he is just a legend in the film world he played older version of Professor X so wonderfully kinda like a really cool grandad, he was funny and whimsical but at the same time being totally badass. I loved his death scene I was just torn up and the fact throughout the film he is trying to help Logan and Logan just doesn't care and rebuffs him. It's a wonderful scene as it just makes things even more real for Logan as he kinda justs takes him for granted in a way and now he's like 'Oh wow he's right she IS my daughter' its so beautifully written and told. 
In the film the comedy was brilliantly done, it wasn't forced in anyway the scene where they're at the dinner table and talking about school which I only found out recently was improvised. which makes me so happy because it was brilliant. I'm also so so so impressed with Dafne Keen who played Laura/X23 she is one to watch out if she sticks with the acting I'm hoping they'll keep her for future X-Men films, and I have a feeling they'll go to X-23 for a few years. Just because strong females are in at the moment and I'm pretty sure people will need some time to move on from Wolverine and Hugh Jackman. Not to say he's not important its just we've seen him for so long and to suddenly to have some new guy it would be pretty fast, as we're all so attached to Wolverine. 
Also it would be refreshing, I'd like it if they kept her and her career could be like Hugh Jackman's but if they change it and decide to have her as a teenager or adult then its fine aslong as she's badass and is amazing. The death scene of Logan was again just simply beautiful he died in a way that's so like him and unlike him, he died whilst in action saving mutant kids and died with a loving daughter something that he never really had. Throughout the film aswell, Professor X keeps saying to him 'she's so much like you' 'she's yours' kinda thing and Logan doesn't care and rebuffs him, but in the end its just so tender and sweet. 
                                                                
Even if you're a huge fan of Wolverine or not you should see this film, although I do think you'd find it even more emotional if you're a long term fan, because of the importance of it. But I rekon you'd still find it very emotional and gripping to watch because of the way it was made and approached. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall