Wednesday 2 August 2017

Peppermint Friday Review #46: Dunkirk

Hello its been a while, I'm very sorry for the lack of content on here recently but I'm still alive (just about!) its been extremely busy in the life of Zara. If you follow me on my instagram or twitter you might know that I have a new job well ish its something that I'm doing and I'm really enjoying. It's meant that its taken up alot of time, and what I mean by that is, its taken up alot of time, and time that I would have used to watch films and its hard to find that time. This blog is not over I still love it I just need to be abit more disciplined when it comes to time management and such. 
Let's talk about Dunkirk I watched this on Sunday night, and I've been so so so excited for this film since Suicide Squad I say that I remember the trailer of this coming out before watching Suicide Squad. Its so worth the wait, because its just simply gorgeous, the way the camera techniques were done and everything was just wonderful, it felt at times that you were in battle, the way the camera was and I loved that. I have never seen a film about Dunkirk before, and I'm glad the first one I got to see was this one such a brilliant film and well written. 
Its a quiet film, but thats something I've noticed alot in terms of War films and Period Drama films that are good they're usually very still and let the film speak for itself, instead of shouting about it. Kenneth Branagh was brilliant as per, you don't expect anything less from him let's be honest. Christopher Nolan is one of my favorite directors ever, and one of the best directors, this film has just made me love Christopher Nolan even more. Personally I think this is my favorite of his films so far of course, because I know he'll do more films which I'm so excited for and obviously I'll go and see. I have a prediction I think, he will get a really prestigious award, like an Oscar, BAFTA or Golden Globe because he really deserves it for this film. 
The film is told in three different ways, so the Land, Sea and Air. In the sea the Navy need private boats to help out in evacuation, Mr Dawson takes his son Peter to help out along with George who wants to do something and contribute. I love how all that plays out with them, and as they get survivors the story progresses with all the characters in the boat without forcing it too much. I love history and to find out about different stories whether they be true or not, its wonderful and its life on the edge. The story had to be done well, because its such an integral part of history and Great Britain aswell, so I'm thrilled that its got the reviews it has. 
Harry Styles was good, I don't get why people are going so gaga for him I mean it is cus he's Harry Styles but he was good in this film and if he does acting in the future then great he could be the next Justin Timberlake if he plays his cards right. But see this for how amazing it is not because of Harry Styles, but hey if Harry Styles is getting people into films and cinema I'm not gonna complain because its always a good thing to have more people into films. 
Definitely give this film a watch it's worth your money 100% and when the DVD comes out or when it becomes downloadable on Amazon, I'm gonna be buying it as it is so wonderful, its the kinda film everyone will like, well apart from when you're a 5 year old but that doesn't matter. Its a all rounded amazing grown up film to watch. Oh and one last thing because I missed last Friday I'm doing 2 Friday reviews one will be uploaded either today or tomorrow to make up for not doing a review. Hope you all have a wonderful day and I shall see you very soon! 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall