Thursday 10 August 2017

Peppermint Friday Review #48: Love Rosie

I never thought I'd do a review of a Chick Flick or Rom-Com, but I really liked this film and plus the only reason I kinda watched it was that apparently and this is so not me fishing for compliments, but I sorta look like Lily Collins who is Rosie. 
The film is based of the Cecelia Ahern Noval 'Where Rainbows End' and its about two best friends Rosie Dunne and Alex Stewart (played by Lily Collins and Sam Clafin) who have known each other since they were kids. At Rosie's 18th Birthday Party she kisses Alex who realises he really likes her and Rosie just wishes it never happened. Alex then loses his virginity to Bethany (played by Suki Waterhouse) Lily gets asked out by Greg (played by Christian Cooke) the 'fittest guy' in the year and she has sex with him, but the condom slips off inside her. Causing her to get pregnant and puts her dreams of owning a hotel on hold whereas Alex gets a scholarship to Harvard, but Lily doesn't tell Alex that she is now pregnant as she doesn't want to get in the way. 
5 years on from this, Lily now a mum to Katie visits Alex in Boston who now lives with his girlfriend who's pregnant and to put it mildly a complete psycho. Lily tries to talk to him about it as she's concerned he rebuffs her and says that the child that he and his girlfriend are having is gonna have two parents. Lily goes back home and reconciles with Greg who she now marries, Alex splits from his girlfriend after discovering that the baby isn't his. Rosie's father dies and Greg behaves horrifically at the funeral, Alex writes her a letter to tell her how he feels and that she deserves better. Greg finds the letter and hides it from Rosie, Rosie then finds out Greg has been cheating on her, Rosie finds the letter and is about to tell Alex how she feels, but she then finds out Bethany and Alex are engaged to be married and would like her to be the 'best man'. 
Katie and her friend Toby kissed at Alex and Bethany's party, a friendship that mirrors Rosie and Alex's. Alex then realises (finally!) that Bethany was all wrong for her and should've gave the relationship with Rosie a chance. In the end of the film well I don't think I need to tell you as we all know what happens in the end in these films in particular. I love this film the costumes, and for me I can really relate to Rosie not that I have a child which I definitely don't! but in some of the things she's been through and how she is towards her friends and Alex in particular and its the most accurate I feel of Rom-Coms. I know that it's kinda wrong where everyone in her life is beautiful even the 'ugly' moments, when she's pregnant she still looks stunning. 
The acting was all brilliantly done in this film, I know its not meant to be dramatic or anything. What I'm trying to say is it's not like its a Shakespeare or some deep emotional drama so acting for me when I watch it I don't really care about it. I loved the intense, sweet moments between Alex and Rosie throughout the whole film from when they were kids to adults it was always, always there so in the end when they finally get together you almost wanna cellotape them together and make sure noone splits them up because you love them so much. The comedy was perfectly timed aswell, loved the guy in the lift when Rosie is telling Alex about the condom on the phone is in the scene at the end when she has her own hotel and he's like 'Do I know you?' and she was remembering what happened when she was 18 and was like 'noo course not' I loved the use of that and how brilliant it was. 
Minor characters were brilliant aswell, Greg was fantastically written and played. Loved the difference of Alex's love interests to Rosie as they are all blonde and abit clingy, and Rosie is this beautiful brunette and a total opposite to the others and plus the fact that she's a brunette and supposedly looks like me I immediately like her. Rosie is played out as 'that girl' and I think that's why people like her because we can all relate to her and how she is. Plus she's not the Bridget Jones where she wants a man and is abit clumsy, she's a girl with a dream of running her own hotel but things happened and she put it on hold, not because of a man (well it is) but things happen and she does run her own hotel eventually. 
                                                                 
I love this film, the characters, the costumes are pretty aswell and fits with every character wonderfully. Katie was played brilliantly from as a little 5 year old girl and a 10 year old she was brilliant, but 10 year old Katie was amazing played by Lily Laight. You should all watch this film, as you'll love, Love Rosie! It's funny because the people who have told me to watch this film were mainly guys and they also said I'm like Rosie which is a big compliment. Give this film a chance even if you're not into Chick Flicks and Rom-Coms like me, it'll surprise you and you'll love it! I'll see you all later and have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall