Tuesday 9 May 2017

Review: The Spy Who Loved Me

I think I may have found my new favourite Bond film well so far, its defiantly got one of my favourite songs in it. It's just so good I can't explain it, I just felt that this film had more character to it than Dr No, not to say that was crap just preferred this just that bit more.
It is the basic James Bond plot where he is sent over to Egypt to sort some crap out and meets a girl and well you know how it goes. But its abit different than that, Roger Moore stars as James Bond and I'm not crazy on him, I like him he's a good actor but he wasn't as exciting as Sean Connery was. The Bond girl in the film is such a favourite of mine, Barbara Bach she is just fantastic in this. She plays Anya Amasova or Agent Triple X, so she is on the same level as James Bond and I think that's why I love her so much. The chemistry and combination of James Bond and Anya is just electric, they're the best couple I'd love it if they got they're own franchise. 
The villain in this is Karl Stromberg and he is fantastic, I do prefer his henchman Jaws I love his silent approach to it all, and his teeth freak me out a little bit. I loved the music used in the film and how it was geared more towards it being a Sc-Fi genre than it being just a Drama or something wishy washy. Because James Bond is a genre in itself entirely, the music used especially for the fight scenes was just brilliant. It was more choreographed like a dance rather than it being just two men having a fight, it was much more sophisticated and I prefer fight scenes like that in films in general. 
One scene that didn't have any music was the bit during the end, where Bond is fighting Jaws and theres no music and I just found it funny, and just a must watch. It was so unlike Bond to fight like that it just reminded me of two best mates and they got really drunk and decided to have a fight, but because its Bond and Jaws it was done in a really classy way, so that's what made me laugh. I also liked the fact that Anya had much more substance and has more of a backstory to her, and she's a badass and not afraid of anyone just fearless. Her and Bond had more of a 
The cast of the film seemed much bigger to me, in the space ship thingy there was like atleast 100 people on there and it didn't seem crowded to me it just came together so well. Also the James Bond team is massive aswell, not that that's a bad thing, because again its, its own genre entirely and James Bond is a superhero but with no superpowers. He's so classy. and sophisticated with the villains and people he has a fight with. The film is set in the 70s and you can really tell and I love the 70s particularly when its really embraced, because with Dr No its embraced by the 60s and I just love it so much. 
                                                                  
You should definitely see this film, theres a reason why this film is usually on the top 10 James Bond films lists and stuff. Its a film with so much character and with loads of charisma, I just love it so much. Its a great film if you've watched a few Bond films or not watched any, then this film is brilliant for you as it has everything a bond film needs. Hope you all have a lovely day or evening wherever you are, and I shall see you on Friday. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall