Sunday 14 May 2017

Review: Tomorrow Never Dies

We're on the second week and last week of Bond, and we're gonna talk about the 90s, Pierce Brosnan and Dame Judi Dench and little spoiler I really liked this film. 

It's a weird start to a film if I'm honest with you all, you don't see Bond for about 20 minutes and that's not a bad thing just abit weird and I did find it funny that the first time we see him is in bed with a woman, typical Bond. It starts with M played by Dame Judi Dench, who sends Agent 007 to deal with a terrorist attack, which is planned by Elliot Carver played by Jonathon Pryce. The film is set in China and the UK and Bond has two girls in this film, Mai Lin played by Michelle Yeoh, and Paris Caver played by Terri Hatcher. 
I love Pierce Brosnan, as James Bond not so crazy on him as an actor I like him but I feel like he's abit of a one trick pony but this could be to my ignorance of not knowing his work. But that will all change because I like films if you didn't know that and plus I like to be proved wrong. The beginning titles of the film were not my favourites, it just looked abit cheap and tacky, that doesn't mean I hate the film. The film itself was just wonderful my favourite out of Mai Lin and Paris was definitely Mai Lin she was just so badass and was just fantastic. Whereas with Paris she was just abit wet and crap, Mai Lin knew karate and was a character in her own right, and why oh why wasn't I made into Mai Lin. Paris was just a wet lettice, very beautiful but a wet lettice. 
The choreography of the fight sequences were just fantastic, that's what James Bond films do the best. They did it more so than a dance and I've said this before fight scenes are so much better when they're treated like a dance rather than a big ball up. Also the film adds a certain character to the scenes aswell, which is something I just loved. This film is kinda like a sequel to Goldeneye, it does reference it a couple of times, but not too much where I don't have a clue. Also its first time we see M as a female and I can't imagine anyone but Judi playing her, and she really showed this role can be anyone and anything. 
A memorable scene I remember was Bond and Mai Lin on the bike riding through China town and I loved it so much, and the colours were just bouncing off the screen plus it was during a really intense fight sequence and the adrenaline was just amazing you could really feel it off the screen. The Villain of the film Elliot Carver, was just brilliant he for some reason and I don't know why but he reminds me of Steve Jobs. I know it sounds crazy, and I've never met Steve Jobs but from pictures and various interviews, speeches and also from Jobs the film. The way he talks and presents himself its not like a crazy villain its kinda like an annoying History teacher you hate. 
                                                                  
This film is wonderful, definitely one of the my favourite Bond films, with its amazing fight scenes, and fantastic cast the only thing I hate well not hate just don't like is Paris. Other than that its a fantastic film and if you can get past that then you'll love this film, its worth just watching for Mai Lin really. You should give this film a go as it really is worth a watch with amazing acting, dialogue, fight sequences and just everything its a fantastic film. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall