Tuesday 8 November 2016

Review: To Catch A Thief

On Friday I did a review of 'His Girl Friday' but today we're gonna do another Cary Grant film, its also a Hitchcock film, the first Hitchcock film I've done on this blog. 
Its about a man called John Robie played by Cary Grant who used to be a jewel thief, because of a recent events of jewellery going missing, so everyone assumes Robie is back stealing jewels. He then wants to catch the real jewel thief in the act to prove its not him. And one of the best bits is that its set in Monaco, and let me tell you its so beautiful to watch. 
This film also stars Grace Kelly, who I'm not a big fan of, but I do love this film and Cary Grant. Grace plays a rich girl who falls in love with John Robie, however as one of her jewels goes missing, she accuses of buttering her up basically to get close to her so he can steal the jewels, but he isn't the thief, we all know that. She is the typical rich girl, but she's not spoilt in any way, she's much more of a woman, she's not stupid in anyway. I mean I still don't like her, but that doesn't mean she's a crap actress, she's just not my cup of tea. But her costumes in this film are so gorgeous. 
Another girl that's caught John Robie's eye who I actually prefer, because she's just so much more relatable to me than thats Danielle, she is French teenager I love her because she is just so fun and I see alot me in her. In a positive way of course, one of my favorite scenes in film ever is the scene where she meets John Robie in the ocean, I love it so much its wonderful. She is just oozing with charm, and grace as she is played by an actual french actress Brigette Auber. 

This film is brilliant as its described as a 'Thriller' which it is, and does this outstandingly. I found watching this it didn't feel heavy or scary, it felt much more like a light comedy with abit of action/thriller to shake things up abit. As I love films that have something else other than just an 'Action' or a 'Thriller' I like films, and sometimes TV with abit of extra to it, it makes things livelier. I mean thats just what I think, but I love this film, you don't feel like you're watching a Thriller I mean you are, but you don't feel like you are.

As this is an Alfred Hitchcock film, and yes I will be doing a post all about that man in one way or another. Its a legend, and any Hitchcock film is a staple but honestly if you wanna start watching Hitchcock films, if you haven't already then you should watch this film first as it's a great way to get into his style of film. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall