Friday 25 November 2016

Peppermint Friday Review #11: Doctor Strange

I felt that a superhero film was a long time coming, so we all know what this week will be about.
Doctor Strange was created by Marvel and Stan Lee, and this film is the origin story of the character, staring Benedict Cumberbatch. Its about a man called Doctor Stephen Strange who is a Doctor of medicine who ends up being in a car crash and losing the use of his hands. But he is determined he can heal his hands, he then goes into experimental surgeries, to put it short he became this supernatural human.
Doctor Strange then begins to learn his craft from his tutor called the Ancient One who is played by Tilda Swinton. Who is amazing, as originally the character of the Ancient One played by a man, but she does it so well, I can honestly say only she could of done it. I love Tilda Swinton anyway but she is amazing, I was scared of her as the white witch and loved her wise willowyness she bought to the character. Rachel McAdams plays Doctor Strange's ex girlfriend which was interesting for me, as it felt like Doctor Strange lived and just found the answers for him, which is also why I like him.

                               
I loved the beginning of the character, as this is a character that I knew nothing of before. I never read any of the comics, or watch TV Shows that this character was in. So for me this film and Doctor Strange was totally fresh to me, which is good as theres no pre-judgement I guess. What I really loved about this character was that he seemed abit of an Anti-Hero, because he is obliviously very clever and intelligent and he reminds me of a really clever guy who has all the questions but frustrated because he doesn't know the answer and that annoys him. That sounds horrible, but this is the beginning of Doctor Strange so he can be flawed which makes me like him as it makes him more of a human, because I guess when something happens to you and you don't know whats going on, you would get abit frustrated.
Benedict Cumberbatch is a fantastic man already, I think we all know that. He is brilliant in this films, and I think I love him even more after this film, and I know that there going to do a sequel and Benedict will be in it. I watch Benedict and I'm assuming we all know him as Sherlock, and Alan Turing, and just intelligent British people. So its nice to see him as an American, but still playing a clever man and looking completely different, like his little beardy thing still looks good, not many men can pull it off. 

This film is amazing, I just find so different and good. I have also found a new favorite hero, maybe its the magic but I love him he is amazing, I can't wait to see the sequels which I'm assuming this isn't the last we'll see of this character. So this week will be about Comicbook Heros! I will be talking about my favorite Comic Book heros/heroines, just everything I like about the Comic Book world. 

 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall