Monday 28 November 2016

Review: Suicide Squad

I watched this film, like everyone else when it came out and it was just opinions everywhere. But I didn't have this blog back then, so I missed out but I have opinions of this film.

Unless you've been in living in a cave for the past year, you will know about this film. What it is, is DC Villians battling one massive Villian, that is the dummy version breakdown of the film. It was based like many Heroes and Villians of a Comic Book series, there was a series called Suicide Squad which only had Deadshot and The Enchantress in, not Harley Quinn, the Joker and just everyone else in the film. Overall this film is based of DC Villians, battling off a big Villian. 
I liked this film, I did enjoy it I can understand why people hate it as it is abit wishy washy in terms of what they were getting at, and it did feel like they were just trying to make another version of Guardians of The Galaxy but with Villians. I enjoyed the whole Villians bounding together and just creating mayhem, we also saw Harley Quinn for the first again in years, I mean I know this is the reason they made this film because they wanted Harley back, and Margot Robbie is fantastic. Jared Leto as the new Joker will be brilliant and alot of people were annoyed at the fact that Jared's Joker wasn't really shown, which is sad I know, I hated it aswell, but I reckon this won't be the last we see of this Joker. I bet you he will get his own film, there was a clip of his jail cell that just had a baby clothes surrounding him, it was just brilliant. The look of the new modern Joker, honestly I'm so excited for the Jared Leto and all that jazz. 
                                   
The chemistry between the Joker and Harley Quinn is incredible and much needed, we haven't seen Harley in a while so its nice. Theres a bit where the Joker and her are talking, and he goes 'would you die for me?' she obviously replies with 'yes' and then he goes 'no would you live for me?' its that toxic relationship, that made sense but didn't. It was only between these two individuals, that is just so wonderfully written. We also saw the beginning of there relationship and the psychotic beginning of Harley Quinn, and her just being this nurse trying to help the Joker, and thinking she was but she under his spell, and fell for him hook line and sinker.
What I love about this film is the female characters who were these very intelligent with very careers, and then they either met men, or just something happen to them to make them the way they are, not that its a bad thing in the story/creative world thingy. But I do find that funny that all the women in this film are intelligent. Will Smith is brilliant, loved the humanity part of Deadshot that he was this Villian but he also had his daughter that held a place with him.
The music was good, but again it felt abit like they were trying to make another Guardians of the Galaxy, the dialouge was abit there at time, but when it was good, it was good. Watch this film because you will enjoy it, but in terms of being a good Comic Book, Super Villian film it wasn't that great, I enjoyed watching it, and I'm glad I watched it. The best way to some up this review is, its like seeing the Mona Lisa at the Louvre, I'm glad I went to see the Mona Lisa, but I don't think I'd go again.  Although I am glad they made it, because it bought back Harley, and Villians and just Characters in the DC Universe, that I never knew about. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall