Thursday 1 December 2016

Favourite Comic Book Characters

So we're gonna talk about my favourite characters from Comicbooks, some are from DC Comics, and some are from Marvel. They're all either Villians, Superheros, Heroines and Sidekicks, but I like them for different reasons so lets begin.

Spider-man

I love Spider-man, as his origin story is brilliant, and relatable. He is one of the first Superheroes who is a teenager and we see that, he is the outcast as Peter Parker, who is a bit of a nerd, school photographer. Then he gets bit by a spider and turns into Spider-man! Although I do like that he started off with his powers being selfish, by just going 'oh I could make abit of money with this' but then he realises and I'm going to use to quote 'with great power comes great responsibility'. 

I love Andrew Garfield as Spider-man, as he just seems abit more cool and he is portrayed as the normal teenager, who skateboards and abit awkward. My first Spider-man I watched was Tobey Maguire, and at the time of a 6 or 7 year old I loved him, but now as someone who I'd like to say have watched a fair bit of films, I look back and I didn't like the actor of Tobey Maguire but I liked Spider-man, because he was just really cool and I loved his story, and the fact that it was portrayed by a not very good actor, didn't occur to me, but now I do care about who plays Spider-man.
Wonder Woman

I used to watch Wonder Woman as a kid when it was Justice League with Batman, Superman and various of DC Characters. She is a legend, I love her powers a particular favourite of mine because she can talk to animals, like that is so me. I love that she was everything I aspire to be, and still is I can't wait to see the new film next year! As I have the nostalgic image of Wonder Woman as a cartoon, I know thats bad. But I can't wait to see Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, I did watch Batman Vs Superman, and she had a brief appearance at the end, but this character needs a film. She's now an Ambassador for UN, and rightly so as she cares for everyone who isn't a Villian obviously. I even have her as my background on my phone!
She's knows what she wants, and goes for it I love her. I mean who doesn't? She's intelligent, sassy, but not all in your face about it. Her alter ego is amazing aswell, I think I like Diana Prince just as much as Wonder Woman herself. One thing that I adore with Wonder Woman is that she is a woman who is powerful but doesn't shove it in people's faces that she's a woman, she cares about the humanity of others, and animals.☺ Writing this post has actually made me wanna watch the Wonder Woman series with Lynda Carter, and watch the Justice League again.  
Batman

This is a weird one as I do love Batman but I don't, the reason I love him is that I love him as a Character, but I hate the fact that he doesn't really have superpowers, I feel like he's just a rich guy who wants to save the world, which I like because its a normal guy, well normal as such his alter-ego is Bruce Wayne who is a very intelligent man (as is Batman). But I mean Bruce Wayne has connections he's a top man. The one thing that's very nostaglic for me in Batman is obviously the Justice League when I was a young warthog. But also I used to watch on UKTVGOLD every morning before school with my dad was the 1960's Batman and Robin. 
Now the TV Show in the 60's was adorable to say the least, I mean it fitted so well in the 60s and I loved watching it before school. The dialogue was brilliant, despite it could have been seen as old-fashioned or whatever but I loved it, the show made me laugh, and enjoy it. Part of me misses Batman when he was like that, and didn't take himself seriously but another part of me loves that he's saving people and the whole of Gotham in a none cringey way if that makes sense. He doesn't dance anymore as far as I'm concerned, but it was amusing when he did.
The Joker

I know this post is majority of DC Characters, but this is the way its gone, I'm gonna be honest with you guys I wouldn't describe myself as a 'Comic Book kinda girl' if that makes sense, like I'm not a crazy fangirl but I love Heroes and Villians and all that, but I feel like its gonna be a new obsession of mine. Anyway, the Joker is one of if not the most iconic character in all of history, by each decade the Joker transforms and becomes more relevent to the film or the society we're in if that makes sense, even with the transformations he eludes he still remains the psychotic Villian of Batman. 
We all have favourite portrayals of the Joker, I love the 60s Joker played by Cesar Romero, I love Heath Ledger, Jack Nicholson, and Jared Leto. I don't think I have a favourite as it depends on what mood I'm in as again they're all completely different from each other but I love watching them. The Joker is a very complex character with a brilliant sense of humour, I do love the fact that he has a girlfriend, Harley Quinn who is just as psychotic as the Joker, as it makes him human because he feels love, but also he is so manipulative which is why he is so appealing. The amount of quotes this character has is amazing, and also he doesn't really have any powers which is terrifying as he is just an evil manipulative man who knows exactly how to push buttons and make devious plans.


I will no doubt do a number 2 of these as I have many more favourites as I waffle on and on and on. Bit of an update tomorrow I will be doing a film review as normal, but it won't be a new film not that thats a problem but it just costs money each week to go to the cinema. As I will be saving up for Christmas, and yes I will be doing a festive Christmas week this month just look forward to that!

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall