Tuesday 6 December 2016

Favorite Teen Films

Teen films are a genre of itself entirely, like whether it'd be something thats hilarious or real-life teen drama, thats #relatable LOL OMFG😂😀✌either way its all brilliant.

Heathers

This film is actually one of my favourites, as its a dark comedy and makes something as dark as a sociopath who wants to kill everyone and pass it off as a suicide into a comedy of sorts. Its been made into a musical which I believe is brilliant, and I need it to be in the UK so I can watch it, and its a fantastic story and I loved it. Again like Clueless I love the costumes, I do have a thing as you all know with 80s films, and it has Wiona Rider and Christian Slater.




Mean Girls

I do feel that everyone has that 'film must see' list and Mean Girls is one of them. Its so so funny, and witty everyone is brilliant in this film and with its very quotable lines, its such a staple film. WIth most of these films the theme is teen as in the main character is a teenager, but also its a comedy feel and kinda dark. Everyone has a favorite character in, I love Janis, and Regina, Damian everyone in the films is brilliant, and the comic timing is fantastic. The film also has alot deep and sincere moments.


The Breakfast Club

Now I know that this will obviously be on everyone's list, but it is amazing and I love it. It does have the ending in a 'we all learned something way' if you like it not, its a memorable film. I love the whole different cliques and we aren't different in a way, again this film is very aesthetically pleasing to watch, as with the costumes and the school its just so perfectly satisfying to watch. Each of the characters are unique but also not the typical sterotypes, and over exaggerateded and flawed.




Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging

I think this film was the first film that I could talk to girls about at school, as there were books on the film and it was so funny, and relatable. It goes into the life of Georgia Nicholson her friends, and life in Eastbourne, surrounding boys, and taking magazines and books way to seriously and not focusing on her own instincts when it comes to dating. But I love the funny bits in the film, a golden moment for me is when Georgia has her first 'snogging session' with a guy from school, who does this like a service, kinda like a borderline prostitute not that thats a bad thing. 










The Inbetweeners Movie

Oh this film, also note how I put two British films in this list, one more so for girls and a slightly younger audience and another being more aimed at boys, and more for the older teenagers.I'm talking about the first because I do prefer it. I love this film the series was brilliant, and I loved watching this film and the series, because for me it was the first thing I watched that was rude, and I felt a tiny bit sneaky watching this when I was 12. Its so funny and everyone has a favourite character or a character that they think they are like the most. I love Neil and Simon because they both have such tragic and amusingly funny to watch lives. I'm also glad that they stopped the Inbetweeners at the last film when they on a Gap year in Australia, as it would've looked abit weird if they carried on at like 30 (even though the actors are 30), but it would still look weird if they carried on acting like teenagers.                                                                          



Rebel Without A Cause

Everyone knows how I feel about James Dean, and a post talking about Teen Films wouldn't be complete without talking about this amazingly handsome man. Its abit more serious than the last ones, as its about teenage crime and being this rebel obviously without a cause, and the whole angsty teenager. But this film is the reason why so many films now have allot of teenage main protagonists, with James Dean being this bad boy destroyed poet Jim Stark. Natalie Wood is amazing in this film aswell, she was about 16 or so when the film was made and James was in his 20s. But the chemistry they have is outstanding, they did do this very little stage play when James was very new to film acting and Natalie played her first 'adult role'. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall