Tuesday 20 December 2016

Favourite Christmas Films

This post is a very festive post, and equally appropriate as its Christmas in 5 days, so why not and plus I'm pretty sure these films will be on TV throughout the festive season, and thats one of the reasons as to why I love the festive, theres just films galore!

Elf

One of the first Christmas films I remember watching, like Will Ferrell is just perfect in that. It was this adult man being an elf, and abit silly round others during festive season. Zooey Deschanel and Peter Dinklege in this film are just amazing. If you haven't watched this, like where have you been? Its a goldmine, I adore it so so so much and I watch it every year.


Miracle on 34th Street

I'm not talking about the 1940s one I'm talking about the 90s one with Richard Attenborough and Mara Wilson, and the very handsome Dylan McDermott. When I was a kid I was very familiar already with Mara Wilson as she was in Matilda one of my favourite books, when I was a kid. I automatically warmed to this film, and I adore the original so much. Its about a young girl who doesn't believe in Father Christmas and them meets a man at a mall during a 'Meet Father Christmas' who is very much like Father Christmas. Its one of those films where you just feel all warm and fuzzy. I was always loved the gorgeous costumes in the film aswell, love all the coats and dresses. 


The Polar Express

Love this film, as many of you will know I grew up with Tom Hanks's voice, in Toy Story and this. For me this just screams nostalgia for me the music is amazing, the voice cast is just perfect for the film. As a kid it was just magical, and the hot chocolate and the interior of the Polar Express was just wonderful.                                                                                                            


The Muppets Christmas Carol

Everyone knows this story its been told hundreds and hundreds of times. We all have our favourite interpretations of this story but this one's my favourite, I mean its Michael Caine and Muppets and singing, whats not to like? Its a wonderful story, amazing characters and I just love it, like most of the films on this list if you didn't already know. My favourite Muppet if you wanna know is Beaker, the songs are amazing I love 'Thankful Heart' and 'One More Sleep til Christmas'.                                                                                                                    
                             

The Grinch

He's cuddly as a cactus, again another comedy musical one. As all of these films are, of course but I mean the Grinch is just one of those films you have to watch. Its Dr Suess, and he is just a rhyming story telling king. Love Jim Carrey and Dr Suess was one of the first people I heard from, just the whole fictional town of Whoville is so relevant and magical.

                         

Home Alone

Another quotable and hilarious film, that will make you all warm and snuggly. Macauley Culkin carries this effortlessly, and I think everyone wanted to be him when he was a kid, just alone in that house, but during Christmas time its a different matter. I'll never forget the burglar scene, its just so funny and makes me so happy. We all know being Home Alone like that isn't that fun when you're older.                                                                                                            


The Snowman

Because its Christmas I'm gonna do an extra review, and this one's very special to me and this blog. I have watched this film every year without fail since I was tiny, and its also the first Short Film I've ever reviewed on this Blog, which will change as I will review Short Films more as there are some absolute gems out there. This film is just amazing, and for me it shows that filmmaking and storytelling can be so easy, and simple to make and very effective. Theres just music, no dialogue and I love it.

                                                                                                                     

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall