Monday 21 November 2016

Review: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Just got back from watching this film, and wow all I have to say. If you like the Harry Potter world or not it will blow your mind. 

The story takes place in New York in the 1920s, it's about a wizard called Newt Scamander who arrives to New York with a case filled with magical creatures, and he wants to write a book about them. Newt meets this Muggle, (in New York they call them No-Maj ) called Jacob Kowalski, then he meets this former Auror called Porpentina Goldstein which I'd like to point out amazing name, she also has a sister called Queenie Goldstein who is gifted in Legilimency, they go in this journey to find the creatures in Newt's case that have escaped. 
I love this film as I do love the whole Harry Potter Magical world, and I loved seeing a different side to it, because we all know about Harry Potter but we got to experience a completely new world, but at the same time the same world. I loved that its set in the 20s in New York, and you get to see different creatures, and a whole new outlook. I mean Queenie's character is skilled in Legilimency and as we all know from before, well what I know Legilimency is kinda the Proffessor Trelawney subject, but Queenie is nothing like Proffessor Trelawney she's a total opposite, she's very friendly and kindhearted towards Jacob the No-Maj I love that they use a different word for Muggles, because that would happen, different words for everything. Jacob's character is not dimwitted, but open and loveable. 
Newt is so amazing, he is a Hufflepuff, but he has proved that being a Hufflepuff isn't a bad thing not that it ever was but, the whole Harry Potter fandom/community does put a bad name on it, I don't have a problem with Hufflepuffs, no one should really. Eddie Redmayne at the moment has been flying, he is probably my favorite actor at the moment in the modern acting world, the things his done, he is amazing as Newt. Newt is so awkward and much more interested in creatures but not ignoring other people, he just wants the creatures/beasts to be happy, and he wants people to understand them. I love that the film doesn't necessarily revolve around Newt the other characters are brilliant. 
There will be a sequel to this film, and I am looking forward to it as there are characters in this film I'd like to get to know more. Like everyone in the MACUSA which stands for Magical Congress of the United States, which is the Ministry of Magic but in America and they are hunting down Newt to get the creatures and beasts he has. I'm interested in what happens and the background to Credence Barebone who is very troubled, and has a funny haircut. I like Percival Graves who is the director of Magical Security, they're both very intriguing characters, and I look for to what happens to them. Ezra Miller and Colin Farrel are so amazing, particularly Ezra.
 
I've heard very much 50/50 of Johnny Depp being cast as Grindelwald some love it, some don't I mean we've only seen like 5 minutes of him as Grindelwald, so again I'm looking forward to seeing Johnny Depp as Grindelwald. The creatures and beasts were beautiful, I loved the white beast thingy, worded that brilliantly this beast. Loved it I wanna take home as a pet such a gorgeous interesting thing. 
I loved watching this, I felt invested in the story, with the beasts, and creatures and magic just the whole world. I was sucked right back into the magical Harry Potter-esque world. Its worth a cinema ticket absolutely you won't waste your money.  

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall