Thursday 16 February 2017

Peppermint Friday Review #23: 127 Hours

These past few weeks have been abit wishy washy, and for that I apologise for as I have been watching alot of TV, which I do a post on depends how I feel. As I would like to keep this blog strictly film related, as it is called 'Peppermint Friday Film Reviews' so I guess it wouldn't make sense if I talk about TV, but I guess one post won't hurt. Anyway 127 Hours is the film we're gonna talk about! So let's go.


This is the first James Franco film I'm gonna properly talk about, and the first Danny Boyle film I'm gonna properly talk about. Which is crazy as Danny Boyle is one of the 'gotta watch' directors I personally feel. I mean you can't call yourself a film fan I feel if you haven't seen a Danny Boyle film. The film is a true story about a man called Aron Ralston who regularly goes on hikes around Blue John Canyon. He then ends up getting his arm trapped between a boulder and a wall in a very narrow alley, he is stuck there for 5 days.  

I love this film, as it shows how without little contact of humans can really affect you. One of the bits I love is the insanity of Aron as he goes on when he thinks about drinking Coke I love how it cuts with scenes of cans of Coke being opened, and the look of thirst on his face. It also partly made me very thirsty, and the use of the video camera of him documenting his life and pretending his on a talk show to in a weird way showcase his stupidity, but trying to be light hearted about it. 
The fact that this story is based of a true story is so remarkable to me and I do wonder if the arm is still there or if a tourist has seen it and done something to it. I know when a film says 'its based of a true story' you kinda groan, well I do anyway and just think 'well yeah you have to say that so people are gonna watch and be intrigued by it' when you know some bits were made up to create illusion of more excitement. 
In this story you can tell that the story was as close as it can be, because you can never know what can go on in a person's mind particularly in this story. To have an actor to have a such a portrayal as James Franco is just brilliant as he is a particularly fantastic actor, and to be on screen the majority of the film and to not be boring is a good well done. 
                                                                 
I feel this story is amazing, and Danny Boyle is a fantastic director with adding bits of scenes over the top of the scene is fantastic. Danny Boyle I feel is a director that you need to watch, he is one of the best current directors, at the moment. You can't really call yourself a film fan if you haven't watch any of his films. The next coming week, I will be talking about just that directors who I feel you need to watch, and I'm going to try and make them as current as possible because I do like to talk about classic film directors so I'm gonna inject some modern directors in. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall