Wednesday 2 November 2016

Favourite Comedies

I'm weird when it comes to comedies, as I love TV Comedies much more than film, because that way you get a chuckle every week. I love Comedians like Ricky Gervais, Simon Pegg, Michael McIntyre, I also love comics like Charlie Chaplin, The Marx Brothers. I like everything really. 

Hot Fuzz
This was probably the first Simon Pegg film I watched and I knew him from watching Spaced. I love it as it was the first satire comedy film I watched. It just took the piss out of policeman and it took the piss out of a very English town and the people in it. I've said this before but its amazing that they put Simon Pegg who plays the main character as another writer along with the director Edgar Wright. It's a dark comedy and I love dark comedies, I love how sarcastic it is. You'll notice with this there's gonna be alot of British Sarcastic Films.




School Of Rock

Again this is one of the first films I remember watching, I loved it simply because it's about music, and rock. I watched this film with my dad for the first time, as most of my family are into music in some way, so the film reminds of that in a way which is nice. I love Jack Black and Joan Cusack in it, they're such a good couple, a sentence in which I never imagined I'd say.                                                        


Love Happy

I love the Marx Brothers and I think this is the only Marx Brothers, it has Marilyn Monroe in, but only as a bit part in. Then she went on to become this big star and put her name in the poster to drill up more publicity for the film. The Marx Brothers were perhaps the first comic act to have that brotherhood comradery of just funny joking around not taking themselves too seriously. I know that its pretty normal for that sort of comedy to happen now, like The Inbetweeners. Back then it was very new. I love this film it's so witty, and brilliant, although I won't say too much as I will be writing a post all about Comedy of that time very soon!






Run Fatboy Run

Another Simon Pegg film what a surprise, I love this film because it portrays running in such a funny way, as it can be seen as this strict agile military way of a sport. But it doesn't have to be, I love the way its shown. The scene when Dennis gets a blister is the funniest thing in the world, as its so true on so many levels when it comes to blisters, but also totally ridiculous.  








Bruce Almighty

Now this film is something, first and foremost I love Jim Carrey who doesn't? I love the fact that Morgan Freeman's in it I love the fact that its taking something thats usually serious like religion and turning funny. I love Jim Carrey I've seen some of his stand up work and its brilliant.








This post has been hard as I prefer TV Comedies, than Film Comedies I could of done a post of TV instead of Film but this blog is called 'PeppermintFriday-FilmReviews' note the Film. I know what your gonna say 'but its your blog you can do what you want' yes that alone is true but, I'd feel bad for that. But maybe I will do a post on TV, one day.

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall