Friday 20 January 2017

Peppermint Friday Review #19: La La Land

I have been meaning to watch this film since I saw the previews and trailers, and songs anything that had anything to do with the film I watched it. I finally saw it on Wednesday night and I just had to do a review on it, as its just soo ahhh.
Oh this film, its so good its my favorite film of 2016 I say that as it came out in December 2016 but that was in USA but I'm still gonna say it was my favorite, as 2016 was pretty eventful so to end it with an amazing musical was amazing I adore musicals already so seeing this film was a no brainer. The story takes place in LA it centres around Mia who is played by Emma Stone and she is a Barista and an Actress, she goes from job to job not getting a big break as such, she then meets Sebastian who is played by Ryan Gosling who is a pianist for a restaurant and  dreams of owning his own jazz bar, they find solace in each other and are determined to conquer their dreams.
The film's songs were all written by Pasek and Paul who I already love, as they did a musical called Edges and I adore them they are the next big thing, I'm telling you all. My favorite songs in the musical are City Of Stars, The Planetarium Dance song was amazing, and Someone In The Crowd aswell. From watching this film I now want a date at a Planetarium, where they just watched the stars, and danced it was so wonderful and romantic.
It was so perfect and romanticly done, I loved the simplicity for it all like there was no pressure for them to get together. Ryan Gosling is now my new crush as he can sing really well, and tap dance. Emma Stone was already talented but even more so after this, she was just fantastic and so beautiful. The chemistry is very similar to that of a couple like Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, like I adore the chemistry when there's no need for sex or just screaming with hormones. I love romantic films that has no sex or hormones, I love it when they're just expressing themselves through songs.
Sometimes in a romantic film or scenario all you need is good actors with good chemistry, sometimes that can be just all you need. Thats something I learnt from myself where I prefer romantic films with no sex, you can tell that the inspiration of the film from the music and styling and costumes that its very much inspired from 1940s, 1930s romantic comedies, musicals and that's an era that I just adore and possibly one of my favorites if you didn't tell already. 
I love the costumes and the way its set out, it appears modern and current but also inspired from the colours of the 1940s films, where colour films became much more popular, and the costumes and dresses were just screaming with bright vibrant colours, and it really shines and shows LA as I've heard its a very sunny, beautiful place. The way they incorporated the dresses and clothing is just the best, and perfectly done.
Everyone should watch this film regardless of if you like films or not you need to watch this film. It does have some heartbreaking moments, like all good musicals do. The music is amazing, as are the costumes and Emma and Ryan are so beautiful to watch.

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall