Wednesday 25 January 2017

Favorite Sci-Fi Films

Sc-Fi Films are always amazing to watch and get into, depending on what its about as it can be about anything, time travel, dreaming, anything science related well that is from the title of genre. This list is probably the first list that I've done where most of the films have been made in the past 5-10 years. I guess thats down to the modern world we live in, thats something over 20 years ago you couldn't really do, but I guess you have to be more creative. Anyway here we go!

Inception

I think this film is perhaps one of the deepest films ever made, it took Christopher Nolan 10 years to write this story. Unless you've been living under a rock all you're life then you will know about Inception and what its about, there is varies memes about it on the internet particularly when it first came out. The cast is brilliant, it has the top Actors in like Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, and Michael Caine but to name a few. The concept is just brilliant and it shows me that to make anything of a high standard or just the best you can make it, sometimes it can take a really long time.

Back To The Future

I think the whole franchise is one of my favorites, and one of the things that made me love films. What this has is a brilliant cast, fantastic special effects and I know by today's standard we're used to seeing much more modern effects, but this was the 80s and it's good by that standard. It has a sub-genre to it aswell, it has Comedy and Romance added on to it. Which I love anyway, and its such a classic, its 80s and I love it.

Gravity

I watched this film a few years ago when it came out, and I liked it alot hence why its in this list. The film is about two astronauts played by George Clooney and Sandra Bullock stranded in space and they are trying to return back to earth. It surprised me this film as I'm usually too keen on George Clooney as I think they're better actors, I think he's good but not amazing, but in this film he was brilliant and really surprised me. I already love Alfonso Cuaron directing styles, as its always so artistic and beautiful, and I love Sandra Bullock aswell, she is fantastic and I loved seeing her in a much more serious role, as I associate Sandra Bullock as being a funny lady so its nice and fresh for me to see her in a different light.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

This is a weird one to throw in, but you all know how I feel about the 80s, and Comedy. The story is about two best friends called Bill and Ted and they find a time machine and have an excellent adventure. Yeah see what I did there, I love this film I love the fact that this film is before Keanu Reeves was Neo in The Matrix. I love the fact that the majority of the lines and words being used in this film are 'Woah' 'Dude!' or 'That's excellent!' the whole mesh of this film is so brilliant, and unique its wonderful. If you are a fan of Sci-Fi or a fan of Keanu Reeves and haven't seen this you need to cus oh god its good!

28 Days Later

This one's not about time travel or space its about Zombies, and I love Zombie Apocalyptic stuff as its just dark and gritty I mean come on who doesn't? It's directed by Danny Boyle who I love quite alot, and it's got Christopher Eccleston in it and he is a seriously underrated Actor. In some ways you could argue that its a Horror more than it is a Sci-Fi, but I'd say both but hey each to their own. I enjoyed this film no matter the genre, as its did the theme brilliantly and I recommend this film to anyone.

Interstellar

Ending this on another Christopher Nolan, to complete the circle of course. The cast surprised me and in this film actually. I like everyone in the universe knew who Anne Hathaway was, she was amazing in The Princess Diaries, and just a beautiful princess. So again like I mentioned earlier about Sandra Bullock its nice to see her in a different light. Its a real breath of fresh air, and very unique in its concept and aims of the story. Its beautiful to watch, I see inspirations from 2001: A Space Odyssey, and those who are wondering why I didn't include it was because that film would be in anyone's list, and it is a good film but I wanted this list to be a bit different. Plus I wanted to set myself a challenge by putting more modern films than classics, and 2001: A Space Odyssey is such a classic. It feels like Sci-Fi is becoming better and better as the years go on, more money's going into it, more time is being invested into it, its all becoming better.


No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall