Tuesday 17 January 2017

Review: Clue

So this week is abit of a weird one, as this does happen every now and again where my brain can't decide what to do. Where I have no idea what to write about, and or I haven't been watching that much films, because its either I watch TV Shows or I'm abit too busy to watch films that week.

 Anyway on with the review so last week I watch alot of Cagney & Bogart films and they are amazing but they're very serious and crime oriented and I did say this week will be lighter. So I'm gonna talk about Clue one of my favorite films!
Clue is a film thats about the game Cluedo, its about 6 guests who come into a big beautiful house, and suddenly there's a murder like the game Cluedo obviously. Its a hilarious farce and I love farces, as they're aren't that many anymore. It has the amazing Tim Curry who is brilliant as always, being the waiter he in some ways is like the detective. Its nice to see Tim Curry play a character who's completely different from what I've seen before.
The characters are so funny and full of life, I love Mr Green as he is just so awkward and funny, one of my favorite scenes is where everyone has sat down and Mr Green is finding a place to sit and just sits on a table, and it breaks its one of moments where it never gets old and when I first watched it I couldn't stop laughing. 
The film is such a classic and easy to watch, its an interesting concept because theres not that many films that are based off games, as they're usually based off TV Shows, and Books so its nice to see a change. Plus the characters are already quite colourful and all they need is a good storyline and good actors to portray them. With this film it could've gone either way, it could be absolutely awful and a giant cringe fest, or brilliantly funny, and entertaining.
Despite the fact that it is a comedy and very physical with the humour along with witty lines. Its still remains as a mystery, as you don't really know who did it even as the film goes on where you have an idea. Everyone in the film is different in there characters but they're all the same when it comes to revealing information and being clueless. 
                                                               
This film is so British to me even though its set in New England and most of the actors are American, it reminds of Fawlty Towers, and George and Mildred the physical comedy and the light insults between characters when it became too intense. I adore this film so so much, as it makes me laugh everytime without me getting bored of it, and its a cult classic for a reason and I will do a post on Cult Classics as they are so good, and some of my favorite films are Cults. But everyone needs to watch this film, I'm like Tim Curry in this gif for this film.
The dialogue is brilliant, and the physical comedy is on point, the looks at camera angles just the whole thing and what it set out to do is the best. Everyone in this film was amazing at each of there jobs, I urge everyone to watch this film, guarantee it will knock your socks off. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall