Wednesday 5 July 2017

Peppermint Friday Review #43: Top Gun

We're gonna talk about Top Gun today as its very american and that's the theme for this week. Its so such an amazing film, its an iconic 80s classic with Tom Cruise and has amazing quotes so it would be a crime if I didn't do a review of this. 
Its directed by Tony Scott who is Ridley Scott's brother. The story is about a pilot called Maverick (played by Tom Cruise) who is sent to Top Gun School with his co-pilots and friends. His time there he's reckless with his flying and can put people at odds with him. He also meets this astrophysicist called Charlotte "Charlie" Blackwood (played by Katy McGillis). As the film and story progress he pines for her attention and on top of that he wants to be the very best fighter pilot ever. 
I love this film so much, the characters are brilliant not only Maverick as I know so many guys who try to emulate him. Its funny because growing up I always wondered by boys acted like this, and maybe its because of Tom Cruise and I don't blame them because he is the artificial arrogant a-hole who gets the girl and is top of the class yet still got that James Dean 1980s charm about him. This is probably the first film I've watched of his that I actually have a crush on him, because before I didn't really still don't but there we go. 
This film is so 80s I love it, the hair on Charlie her clothes look incredible. I love that she was based of a true person as it makes the character so much better and gives her a much more lifelike image, and that she's a real person. I need her clothes so badly, her hair is just so gorgeous. The scenes with her and Maverick are brilliant, as they are both such different people, they should be together it'd be crazy for them not to be. The chemistry between them is just stunning the sex scenes are done so wonderfully it doesn't look cheap and tacky its sensual. The music really ties the film together so well, its so 80s but back then it was a modern film and I love that. 
One thing I love about this film, is that its an action but its not an action film entirely theirs love in this film. Which is great for those who are action virgins I should say, if you've never watched an action before I feel like I say that about every action film I watch as I just find them so easy to watch. The story has so many elements to it and Maverick's friends who I love and I just think they're so brilliant to watch, my personal favourites were Iceman, Goose, Stinger, they really caught my eye. The names of the friends sound like they're from a Carry On film, but they're not well sometimes they are. Most of the time its serious business thats what I love about this film, its got quite cartoony names but they're real men.
                                                           
If you like 80s films then give this film a watch as its amazing, its got brilliant music, actors the story is wonderful. Even if you're not too keen on action films give it a chance as its so good and doesn't feel like an action film if that makes sense as it has so many genres and styles added on to it. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall