Thursday 13 July 2017

Peppermint Friday Review #44: Foxcatcher

Its been a week and no posts not gonna explain why as you'll know I do try to have a life outside of the blogger-sphere. We're just gonna get straight into talking about Foxcatcher as I've never seen it before so its from someone's fresh eyes if that makes sense. 
The story is based off a true story of the Schultz brothers who were pretty big in the wrestling world Mark and Dave who were both played by Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo. Mark is spotted by a multi millionaire and owner of Foxcatchers John Du Pont who is played by Steve Carell who sends him to Foxcatchers a camp to train and compete. Its also about the events before the murder of Dave Schultz. You may have heard of this story in news or just from this film like me, but its a compltelye new film for me and you know what I'm like with my biopics. 
It mainly centres around Mark which I find quite funny as his character is in the middle between his brother Dave and John his coach. But he isn't neutral at all, he is actually quite sensitive as he takes things quite strongly and is affected by John and his brother which is understandable as he really looked up to both of them. I love Channing Tatum in this, its funny because like with Brad Pitt peopel only see him as this gorgeous man and yes he is but he's also an amazing actor and in this he is the best I've ever seen, as I've only seen him really in Step Up, Dear John, She's the man and they are very teenage films which I love its just nice to see him in a different light and I can't wait for the next roles he'll take as I'll definitely watch him. 
Steve Carell in this film is so different to how I normally see him, similar to Tatum I've only seen him in one light its my own fault really as I just haven't seen him in many things. He's like Robin Williams in a way where, he's amazing at being funny and crazy but also brilliant at being still and very in the moment. There were times of watching him I felt abit uncomfortable as he gave off this image of 'I can get what I want' and it doesn't matter about how hard someone's training and the real true work wrestlers have its the money. With saying that I'm not an expert in wrestling just its a sport and you train for it. 
Its directed by Bennett Miller a director who I'm not familiar with as he hasn't made that many films, but this film is amazing and I can't wait for more of his work. If you liked The Social Network and The Founder then you'll love this as its so still its got people/characters that are predominately human because humans are selfish and make massive mistakes and mess up massively. The colouring of the film is again very similar to The Social Network and The Founder as they all in the same vein of films I think anyway and I love those kinds of films, as they're so refreshing to watch. 
                                                               
I think its a wonderful film, so different and unique to watch if you wanna see Steve Carell, Mark Ruffelo and Channing Tatum in a film and all amazing then watch this film as its wonderful. I'll see you all later and have a wonderful day/week 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall