Sunday 25 September 2016

The Magnificent Seven Review

I went to see this film without knowing of the fact that it was a remake of the 1960 Classic with the same name. I mean its not that I hate wild west films, but I just don't really watch them,I mean the only ones that I've seen are more like a comedy/musical wild western, not like this where its much more dark. 

This film was very good, it has Chris Pratt in it, who is an outstanding actor, and played his role very well. He did it in a very subtle way and added a serenity to the character in which he portrayed who was Josh Faraday. Other stand outs were Denzel Washington, who is such a talented actor, and is always amazing in whatever roles he plays. He is one of those actors you go 'oh I love him'. I also loved Haley Bennett she was very good, and again she did it without constantly proving that she was a woman, like I like Actress who are incredibly talented, but I personally believe gender shouldn't at have anything to do with how you play a part. I walked out thinking 'I like her she's one of my favorites' I also loved Bryung-hun Lee he did it really well, he just was really subtle, and not too brash. The only crictism I have is that I wasn't really into it, maybe it was because I wasn't that into the genre, but I did really like it. But also there was only a handful of characters that really resonated with me, and I related to. But maybe its because I can't relate to it yet at this point. I mean that has nothing to do with me in terms of it being a 'bad movie' or 'good movie'.Thats just me, but it is a very good film.

I'm doing this review as a not comparing of the 1960 version, as I've never seen it, but I really enjoyed it the plot was very good, the characters were entertaining, and the script/dialogue was very well written, and delivered. So you should see this film, not because I said so, but because it is a really good film, definitely a worth a watch.  

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall