Friday 23 September 2016

Peppermint Friday Review #2 A Hard Days Night.

Seeing as I did my favourite Musicals this week, I thought to end this week, with a Movie Musical (ish). I love this film and is seriously needing to be said.

Hard Days Night is about the Beatles and them on Tour, like an 'Off the Wall' Film. Its sort of like the first documentary film about a Band or something thats typically Mainstream. I love this film because its just them as a band and members but exaggerated, for entertainment purposes. I love anything to do with the Beatles, it has all there songs from the first album Hard Days Night. 

The Beatles are the only band that I would happily take my bra off and throw it on the stage, basically all the things you'd see One Direction Fans do, I do it too...Probably not. Anyway I've seen the Beatles interviews, and they're just a bunch of Liverpudlian Lads who, are having a laugh and not taking themselves seriously. It feels like there was no set script for them its was mainly improvised, and I loved it. 

You all see what they get up to, Paul having a 'Grandfather'' which I find very funny, and for everyone else its like they have a script and what to do, but whereas for the band its a improvised situation but, its not totally unpredictable, but they know what to say, but not feel held back. John being a complete weirdo, and scaring girls, but also charming girls. Ringo being a bit of an outsider, and having to babysit Paul's Grandfather. Then Ringo going for a walk and getting into a Police Station. George getting involved in a questionnaire for a Teen Magazine, and just being brutally honest.

The songs are amazing, obviously 'Hard Days Night' 'If I Fell' Shoulda Known Better' 'Dance with You' 'And I love Her' Just all the songs, because they have such poetry and story, and feeling behind it its just wonderful. 
They're also incredibly witty, and everyone else who's there managing team are the straight people. Which is what you need in this film. Overall I'm going to do something abit different which I've never done before, and thats. I'd give this film a 10 Peppermints out of 10

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall