Friday 21 October 2016

Peppermint Friday Film Review #6: A Streetcar Named Desire

I've loved doing this week, and next week is gonna be abit different, but I'm excited. This is a film which stars Marlon Brando, Kim Hunter and Vivien Leigh but it was originally a play. It basically started off Marlon Brando's career, also its such a staple film. 
The story is about a woman called Blanche Dubois who comes to this town to stay with her sister Stella and her husband Stanley. Its about the story of this woman and the town and people that surround her life, its a really moving story. I loved Vivien Leigh's portrayal of Blanche as normally I'm not a huge fan of her as an actress, because personally I just don't get it, like I don't feel any excitement from her, that might be partly down to the fact that she is known for Gone With The Wind and her character which everyone knows but it just doesn't excite me and make me feel something for her.

I do love Marlon Brando in this film aswell, he just plays Stanley so effortlessly, like he had such guts, and sex appeal that was totally required in order to play this part the way he did, and when you watch it now it doesn't feel as if it's old fashioned, it just seems like a really good story with wonderful characters. Its totally timeless and thats why I like it, not because Marlon Brando is in a tight white t-shirt and his muscles are

I love the script it just flows and connects beautifuly, I mean its a classic American culture film. I also love the costume and attire of the film like there doesn't seem to be the huge bugdet and its not too flashy and thats what I love about it. Thats one thing that I love about older films, it just didn't feel too staged and so natural. I'm not a huge fan of some films now where they feel the need to put a special effect in or a green screen and with a gigantic budget
This film is an amazing piece of work, and I also think its clever to bring the majority of the original play, as for project like this you'd want it to be amazing, and the best it can be, not aiming for it to be successful but it turns out it was. I think everyone should watch this film if you haven't as its one of my favorite films.


No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall