Friday 14 October 2016

Peppermint Friday Review #5: The Lion King

This week has been abit of a Leonardo D'caprio/Shakespeare week, so I thought I'd do a review of the Lion King which is lighthearted but also not, and is basically Hamlet. 

I'm assuming like with my Titanic Review you know what the Lion King is about. It combines my two favorite things: Musicals, and Disney. But I bloody love this film, fun fact for you but The Lion King and Pocahontas were both made in the same year, but Disney decided to put more money towards Pocahontas than The Lion King as they thought Pocahontas would be the better film, but it wasn't The Lion King made a larger profit. 
First of all the music is stunning, I mean you can't hate Elton John just beautiful music, that fits so beautifully with the story. My favorite songs are probably, Hakuna Maktata, I Just Can't Wait To Be King, Be Prepared, and well just all of them! The story is amazing aswell, It was heartwrenching when Simba thinks his dad is still alive is the worst. I think the graphics, and colors are amazing and I love Pumba, Timeon and Zazu, I also love the Hyenas.
 I love the fact that its a musical on stage in London and New York. As it will be a story told for thousands of generations, which is performed by schools, and in different languages. I do love this film, and there really isn't much I can say but Its a good film obviously, but I'm assuming you already knew that.


Overall its an amazing Musical film, and Rowan Attkinson is just the best as Zazu, just brilliant how they bought in a comedian which is such genius to do, as they're always fun. I can't believe that they're re-making the film, its killing the Classic Disney Family its got, I think they should not recreate good, solid films, make something original. Theres nothing I can say about it except that its an amazing film and musical, and if you haven't watched it then and its crazy you haven't. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© .
Maira Gall